Here we go.

14 April 2010

Freedom is where you think it is...

Last weekend, ATM & I kept saying how we work/play harder on Saturday & Sunday than any other day. It is our preference, of course, to cram as much free time activity as we can into a weekend, but it makes for a very tired twosome come Monday. I guess I'm making an argument for a three-day weekend. Here's how I'd break it down (per our conversation, KMHD): Saturdays would be for the fun stuff, Sunday would be for home-related projects & resting, and Mondays would be reserved for me making and packing my lunches for the rest of the week. Got that, Congress?

That said, we did a lot last weekend. We did yard work, explored a new state park, hiked, attended an engagement party, I hit a culinary milestone, went to a movie in a real live theater (my love for Joan Jett has been reinforced) and attended a birthday party. For me, Mondays are hell of busy after I finish my pesky work shift. I usually have a business meeting (roll call and everything!) with KMHD, but this week, we went to our beloved Seth's house to hang out and watch him cook a curry. It was so damn good. The same curry will be served @ Ettiem's listening party this Saturday, so come buy a bowl offa us while you listen to ATM's achievement!

We went to Woolly Hollow State Park to check out the facilities since it is within close range, about an hour, of LR/NLR...always on the lookout for nice places to camp. But, that's the problem with Wooly Hollow; wouldn't camp there, but it's perfect for a picnic, fishing & hiking. We tried out their 3.2 mile trail and I'm so glad we did. It was awesome! I'll just go ahead and put it out there that sometimes I don't like a challenging trail. I am one of those lazies that like to stop & photo the flowers. This trail was pleasant and I can't wait to get back out there.


There is a very small lake @ Woolly Hollow; the trail ends up going around it. You can rent canoes or paddlers, if you are so inclined.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Lots of wild flowers that I've never seen:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

woolly hollow
Miniature irises:
woolly hollow
This looks prehistoric:
woolly hollow
And these definitely are...fiddle heads:
fiddle heads
Other side of the lake:
woolly hollow
Bonus! Water feature!
woolly hollow
We will definitely be going back.

If you know them & you haven't heard, Westley & Brookelyn are gettin' married! Micah & Donna threw them a little shindig & we got invited! Hey-o!

West & Brookelyn. And Miranda and Amber and Kyle:
Photobucket
Neat filtered sunlight in Micah/Donna's backyard:
Photobucket
Folks:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Congratulations West & Brookelyn!

So, I mentioned above that I hit a culinary mile-stone. I actually hit two. I'll explain the other, but for now...I made a cheesecake for KMHD's birthday. I don't know why, but I put cheesecake on this unreachable pedestal. Shyeeeeeeit. Check this out! It got ATE.
Photobucket

ATM & I went to KMHD's birthday party @
The House. It was a choice location. The food was so much better than the last time I went there for the soft opening. I mean, that is to be expected, but they've taken on Boulevard's chef, so you know it's not only improved, it's KILLER. The fish & chips come highly recommended. They didn't charge us a cutting fee for the cheesecake, which is very sweet, so if you need a little place for a get together, consider The House. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE LADY!

This is cute because you can see a bean sprout here. (Sorry for the embarrassment, Heather!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Even though it was KMHD's night, it was the surprise guest visitors Alan Disaster & Will Boyd that made my end of the table fun fun fun!

The OTHER culinary mile-stone I hit was that I helped make an Indian curry. Is it crazy that I want to do a curry stand and have never made an Indian curry? Yes. Yes, it is. Look, I've made my share of curries: Thai, Japanese & um...a liberal use of curry powder in random foods. But, like cheesecake, I put Indian curry on a very high pedestal. NO MORE. Behold!

Photobucket

KMHD & Seth:
Photobucket
Many thanks, Seth
-----

Little nappin' dude:
hot dog











No comments:

Blog Archive